Friday, March 25, 2011

Getting ready for Kindergarten!

To say I am nervous about sending my oldest baby to school is an understatement. I am a bit terrified. I did not think I would be... but I am. I am worried about all those hours spent away from us and she is still sooo little... even if she doesn't know that.
We feel very blessed that there is a small charter school here in town that would be a perfect fit! The class sizes are similar to her pre-school classes (13-15), they have chapel every week where they talk about the Bible, and they wear uniforms (I would have hated this as a kid but I LOVE it now:). Oh yeah, and its free! We also were shocked (and pleased) that the enrollment packet included an agreement that all parents have to sign stating that the teacher (or administration), in extreme circumstances, can call the parent and have them come up the school to spank their child... seriously! I know we will never have to deal with that because Belle is an angel in class but I still like their stance on it.
Anyway, we are interviewing on April 6th so please pray for us! We have heard mixed responses about our decision but we know this is best for her and we know she will excel in this environment.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow - what a blessing that would be! I would sign the girls up in a heartbeat if I had that option! We will definitely be praying that the interview goes well.

p.s. It couldn't hurt to bring the office staff some oreo "truffles" wrapped in ribbon that coordinates with school colors, would it? ;) (I know a mom who swears she got her kids into the school of her choice by bribing the principal with homemade cookies!)

Hazel Mayfield said...

We are praying you you to be able to get Belle in this school.It sounds like a good one.